The lawyers at McGillen Keay Cooper have represented their clients at every level of court: from administrative tribunals and small claims court to the Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Appeal.
If you are attempting to avoid court, McGillen Keay Cooper has the skills necessary to assist you in trying to stay out of the courtroom. We are able to offer effective and practical counsel in the settlement process and assist you at arbitration or mediation.
The types of litigation McGillen Keay Cooper can assist with are:
- Personal injury claims
- Commercial disputes, including shareholder/partnership disputes
- Family law matters
- Wrongful dismissal and employment law disputes
- Small claims court disputes ($25,000 and under)
- Administrative tribunals, such as the Ontario Municipal Board ("OMB"), Workplace Safety and Insurance Board ("WSIB"), Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security Review Tribunal, Human Rights Tribunal, Labour Relations Board, etc.
- Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
Family Law is a complex area of law. The lawyers at McGillen Keay Cooper have been providing counsel to their domestic clients for over 35 years. We can assist with the transition of your personal situation, whether it's separating from a spouse or your intention to co-habit or eventually marry your partner.
McGillen Keay Cooper offers the following services:
- Drafting and reviewing Separation Agreements
- Drafting and reviewing Co-Habitation Agreements
- Drafting and reviewing Pre- and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Determination of child support/spousal support
- Property disputes
- Custody & access issues
- Applications for Divorce
- Assisting clients will all matters before the Family Court
- Variation of final Court Orders and Separation Agreements
Wills & POwerS of Attorney
At McGillen Keay Cooper we can help you make the difficult decisions that need to be made to protect yourself and your loved ones. We offer comprehensive services in preparing Wills and Powers of Attorney:
- Initial intake meeting to collect information and provide advice
- Review of Last Will & Testament
- Multiple Wills for business owners to preserve their assets
- Powers of Attorney for Personal Care so others can look after your health
- Powers of Attorney for Property so that other can take care of your property
- Secure Storage of Wills and Powers of Attorney